You’re apt to see them anywhere. A little plat of land that serves as the local cemetary jammed full of headstones all crammed together. Space is such a premium on an island that literally every square inch is accounted for. This particular one was tiny and sat in the corner of the street where I was staying.
If you find yourself in the Aomori, Japan airport and you’re feeling a mite peckish, hit up the convenience shop and have some fresh clams. I watched the guy replenish the tank. Grab a bag. Grab some clams, and voila, you too could sit in front of gate and crack’em open for a tasty delight.
Here’s the guy loading up the tank.
Here is a side shot of the tank.
Here they are from the top.
As a kid, everyone had to write this theme when they returned to school. I no longer attend school but it seemed worthy enough to share my summer activities here.
- Took glassblowing classes
- Trained my cat to jump through hoops
- Writing a book on weddings
- Made 2 hats: one pillbox and one Carmen Miranda fruit hat
- Teaching myself shorthand
- Getting good at putting a diaper on my elderly cat
- Cataloging a tediously large collection of books I’ve been dragging around forever so I can sell them.